Tuesday, April 14, 2009

There was an opinion piece in The Wall Street Journal...

...Sunday entitled "The End of Private Health Insurance." It's all very predictable stuff for The Journal, but what interested me were the number and variety of comments following it. I'd figure that most of the people that read The Journal would agree with a piece like that. I was surprised at the number that dissented and think it's a sign of the times. I doubt that an article like that would have gotten the same response back in 1993 and '94 when the Clinton administration was trying to reform health care. It just shows how opinion in this country has changed in the meantime and how the center has shifted. It's clear to me that health care reform is coming and it will be an improvement over what we have now.

No comments: