Saturday, April 11, 2009

Christopher Buckley...

...could be my new favorite columnist. You can find him in The Daily Beast online. He's much funnier and much more readable than his famous father (who I think was actually tremendously overrated). His piece today is about Notre Dame and Obama and isn't necessarily one of his best. So I would urge you to either look at his archived columns in TDB or just put him on your radar screen going forward. I still like Frank Rich in the Times on Sundays and Maureen Dowd, but Chris Buckley is coming up fast along the rail.

While I'm on the subject, I still haven't arrived at a strong opinion on the Obama-Notre Dame controversy, even though I wrote a piece about Pat Buchanan's take. I can see the merit in both sides of the discussion, but so far I think it's a decision for the Notre Dame community to make.

No comments: