Thursday, April 30, 2009

I finally cut the grass yesterday...

...and it went really well! It started out a little slowly, though. After donning all of my new grass-cutting gear and non-skid shoes (hard-hat is a little tight), I went outside on my lunch break to survey the situation. It's been wet, lately, but I figured I've got to get on with this thing because I'm going out of town for the weekend. There were no sticks, toys, or even bones on the lawn. Perfect! And the middle of the day would be the best time so as to minimize all the strange looks I'm sure to receive from wearing this get-up. (I'm still not sure if that car slowed down in front of my house to gawk at me or not.) So after a thorough examination of the blade and other working parts, I successfully turned the thing on and proceeded to push it across the front yard. But the grass didn't seem to look any different. IT'S NOT WORKING! Oh, the blade is just raised up too high. No problem, I can fix that. After all, I read the manual from cover to cover. So on I went; I even cut part of my neighbors' lawn. That's right, neighbors'--plural. I was doing such a good job I just kept on going, right on to their property. I'm sure they won't mind. (I might even have some suggestions for them as to how to improve the way they've been cutting their grass all these years. I'm sure they'll be happy to get my advice.)

So the whole job took 45 minutes, front and back, start to finish. It was easy, even moving the trampoline around. I'm even thinking of cutting patterns in my grass like the groundskeepers do at baseball parks. That would be cool!

No comments: