Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Now that I've watched CNBC for a while...

...I think I can distinguish between the analysts I like and those that I don't. The calm and measured types like Bob Doll from BlackRock, Byron Wien from Pequot Capital, and Mohamed El-Erian from Pimco inspire a lot more confidence in me than the hysterical types like Nouriel Roubini and Nassim Taleb. I've learned to be skeptical of those who are always calling for the end of the world. In the long run, they're usually wrong. I'll bet in five years that the first three are still financial household names (if Wien is still working--he looks pretty old), while the last two will be footnotes on the order of Elaine Garzarelli. Who? My point exactly.

I agree with Warren Buffet; we'll all be living better in five years and even better in ten. Why? Because that's been my experience in fifty years on this planet.

No comments: