Sunday, November 3, 2013

My final tally for the weekend...

 ...came in at -4. What does that mean? As I explained yesterday, in my bracket pool (which consists of just me) you don't get points for picking a higher-seed team over a lower one. Want credit for predicting that No. 1 Loyola would beat No. 16 Lane? That's lame. Similarly, it's BS to have GBS over St. Francis and expect a pat on the back. Bragging about Bolingbrook beating Bloom? Bogus. (So would Bradley-Bourbonnais -- if they had been favored.)

No, in my First Round bracket I got nine right (in green) and 13 wrong (in red) for a net -4. Is that any good? I don't know; I suppose anything in red would be bad. But the good thing about my bracket pool is that I get to start fresh every week. (Another good thing is that it's my pool and I get to do whatever I want.) So if I guessed wrong about somebody in Round One I get another chance in Round Two.

Here's a last look at my Round One (before I delete 'em all):

8A

Loyola over Lane Tech 0
Fremd over Notre Dame -1
Oak Park River Forest over Dundee-Crown 0
Maine South over Niles West 0
Barrington over Evanston 0
Warren over Glenbrook South +1
Glenbard North over New Trier 0
Stevenson over St. Charles East 0
Bolingbrook over Bloom 0
Marist over Plainfield South 0
Oswego over Hinsdale Central 0
Waubonsie Valley over Naperville North 0
Homewood-Flossmoor over Sandburg 0
Naperville Central over Downers Grove South 0
Neuqua Valley over O'Fallon 0
Lyons over Simeon -1

7A

Lake Zurich over Elk Grove Village 0
Hononegah over Highland Park 0
Fenwick over Hersey 0
Wheaton North over Glenbrook North 0
Schaumburg over Schurz 0
Geneva over St. Patrick -1
Glenbard West over Harlem 0
Jacobs over Conant -1
Downers Grove North over Whitney Young +1
Wheaton Warrenville South over Dunbar +1
Mount Carmel over Benet 0
St. Rita over Willowbrook 0
Edwardsville over Andrew 0
Bradley-Bourbonnais over Pekin +1
Belleville West over Oswego East -1
Lincoln-Way East over Plainfield East 0

6A

Boylan over Belvidere North 0
Cary-Grove over Guilford +1
Prairie Ridge over Lakes +1
Marmion over Fenton 0
Batavia over DeKalb 0
Rolling Meadows over Grayslake North +1
Crystal Lake Central over De La Salle -1
Lake Forest over Hubbard 0
Richards over Yorkville 0
Argo over Oak Forest 0
Lincoln-Way North over Thornton Fractional South 0
Rich Central over Romeoville 0
Providence over Crete-Monee +1
Rock Island over Quincy -1
Normal over Bloomington 0
Normal West over East St. Louis -1

5A

Montini over Morgan Park 0
Bremen over Marian Central -1
Joliet Catholic over Englewood 0
Kaneland over Hampshire 0
Sycamore over Antioch 0
Nazareth over Brooks +1
St. Francis over Glenbard South -1
Lincoln-Way West over Bronzeville 0
Sacred Heart-Griffin over Richwoods 0
Notre Dame over Glenwood -1
Highland over Carbondale 0
Limestone over Jersey 0
Washington over Peoria 0
Mattoon over Mount Vernon -1
Normal over MacArthur 0
Marion over Jacksonville -1

No comments: