Tuesday, November 26, 2013

More from "My Road Home."

Sunday July 22nd

My writing is sporadic, I know that. It all hinges on the ability to score a few pieces of paper, not to mention a pen or pencil. These items are precious here.

The past few days have been mostly quiet, the only highlight being a visit from my parents and brother Jack. I had not seen Mom & Dad since the night before I was sentenced and went into their room to say goodbye, not knowing if I would ever see them again when I wasn't behind bars. As much as a strain as I have endured, they have been with me on this journey in equal fashion, suffering on the inside at the thought of their son locked away. But I am happy to report they both looked amazing. Their strength is my strength. It's how I will survive this nightmare.

What a sight it was, the three of them entering the visitors room. My father wearing his ever present blue blazer (he opted to forgo the tie), Mom sporting a needlepoint belt and shoes, and Jack, who is just always dressed as if he was stepping onto 5th Ave. I think it's safe to say the Downstate CF visitors room doesn't see this sort of attire all too often. In fact one of the guards who spotted them going through the processing line even had to ask, "Uhm, excuse me folks, are you sure you're in the right place?"

No comments: