Friday, November 22, 2013

Gov. John Kasich of Ohio...

...was at a meeting of the Republican Governors Association yesterday. The potential candidate for president in 2016 (my emphasis):

...[became] animated as he was questioned at a meeting with reporters here about his decision to expand Medicaid.

“I always try to put myself in the shoes of somebody else to say: ‘How would I feel if I didn’t have health insurance? Are you kidding me?’ ” said Mr. Kasich, who has been mentioned as a 2016 hopeful, his voice rising. In defending Medicaid, he spoke at length about the scourge of drug addiction and challenges faced by those with mental illnesses.

“It’s going to save lives,” he said. “It’s going to help people, and you tell me what’s more important than that.”

Couldn't he have said the same thing about the entire Affordable Care Act?

No comments: