Thursday, July 9, 2009

Here's a new one...

...on me. While driving down Lake Avenue in Wilmette the other day I noticed a For Sale sign outside someone's house. It had all the usual info on it: the real estate company, the listing agent, etc. And then below, where they often have another sign that says something like I'm Gorgeous Inside, I noticed the words Harper School. This last line caused me to do a double-take. Harper School? What's that doing on a For Sale sign? And then it hit me. Harper School is a primary school in west Wilmette. It must be so well-regarded as to be considered a selling point in real estate circles.

Just when I thought the people in the New Trier school district couldn't get any nuttier! As if it wasn't enough to stress out 24/7 about where their kids are going to college, they now get to stress out about the primary school that feeds into the middle school that feeds into New Trier which, as we all know, is the only high school on the planet worth attending. Imagine going through life like that.

No comments: