Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I went to buy shorts this weekend...

...and all I could find at my favorite store were "cargo" shorts. What's up with all those pockets? Do people really need all those? What "cargo" are people transporting, anyway? All I carry is my car keys in my left front pocket, a cell phone in my right front, a handkerchief in my left back, and my wallet in my right back (I guess the secret's out for all you pickpockets). What else is there?

"Cargo" has a vaguely militaristic connotation, like you're in a militia on weekends and wear camouflage out in the woods. Are people carrying bullets? Or worse, guns? It sounds a little nefarious. Are they carrying drugs or drug paraphernalia? Am I about to get caught in the crossfire of some drug deal gone bad? It's like something out of a Quentin Tarantino movie.

I just don't see any valid reason to have all those pockets. And besides, it looks sloppy. Can't I just have a regular pair of shorts? It's getting hot out.

No comments: