Thursday, June 18, 2009

Here's two more things...

...I don't get (there's a long list). The first is those pants that you see on some (usually young) men that are not-quite shorts and not-quite long pants, but some strange hybrid of the two. You've seen them; they fall just below the knee to about mid-calf. They look like baggy clam-diggers. What's up with those? Unless you're in a gang they look ridiculous (and even then) and they can't possibly be comfortable. I would think they'd be hot in the summer and cold during the rest of the year.

The second thing are Crocs. It's bad enough when you see them on women and children. But the other night I was out at the store and an otherwise normal-looking middle-aged man was standing next to me in line with bright red Crocs! I was really tempted to ask him what he was thinking but I didn't want to embarrass him in front of his kids. Besides, I thought that silly trend had already played itself out. And then I saw another man wearing bright yellow ones! Really, if you must fall victim to this fad do the rest of us a favor and at least wear dark ones so we don't have to cringe so much. Thanks.

By the way, Father's Day is this Sunday. In case you're wondering what to get me, a card would be just fine.

No comments: