Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Clarence Page writes...

..."Be not Afraid of Palin" today:

Sarah Palin's conservative fans ask me why "the liberal media" are "so afraid" of the former governor of Alaska. I, for one, am unafraid. And I am delighted that the former Republican vice presidential candidate refuses to rule out running for the presidency. I am also relieved that, so far, she does not appear to have a ghost's chance of winning.

I wish I could be as sanguine as Mr. Page. It's early, but on Intrade, Sarah Palin is leading the pack for the GOP nomination in 2012. And the way the Republican primary rules are set up (winner takes all, unlike the Democrats), she could conceivably sprint to the nomination. Then, given another terrorist attack or double-dip recession (or worse), she could conceivably be elected president.

And that's why I, for one, am "so afraid."

No comments: