Friday, February 26, 2010

I guess I lied...

...in my last post. There actually was one thing from yesterday's summit that I hadn't heard before. And that was that for the first time in history, more Americans are getting their health insurance from the government than from the private sector. This would include Medicare, Medicaid, veterans hospitals, insurance provided to government workers, etc.

Not only are more and more people losing their coverage when losing their jobs, but more and more private companies are dropping insurance for their employees. If reform doesn't pass, look for this trend to accelerate.

And that's why I don't think health care reform will ever die, even if the current bill fails. The American health care system is just too dysfunctional to continue.

No comments: