Tuesday, February 9, 2010

As I mentioned, I watched...

...Sarah Palin's speech to the Tea Party convention Saturday night. I've been trying to find the right words to describe her and the best I can come up with is angry, sarcastic, resentful, and mean (this last one from Joan Walsh in Salon).

From Marc Ambinder in the Atlantic:

"If the primaries were this year, I suspect she'd be nominated," a senior adviser to one of Sarah Palin's potential rivals confides.

And therein lies the problem for the GOP. Although Palin invoked Ronald Reagan's name at least three times (by my count), she didn't resemble him in the least. On the contrary, the Gipper was a sunny optimist who could win over Democrats and independents. I can't imagine anyone other than her most loyal supporters being attracted by this speech.

This could be a train wreck in the making.

No comments: