Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A word to the wise:

Don't leave the dishwasher open all night as you may wake up to find a mouse in there in the morning. This happened to me today and I wasn't happy about it, especially since I wasn't the one who left the dishwasher open. So because of that (and the fact that I have an irrational fear of rodents), I assigned my wife the task of getting rid of the critter.

"I'll just turn it on. That way he'll drown."

"No, no, no. We don't want a dead mouse in our dishwasher..."

"Well then how do you suggest we get him out of there?"

"I don't know. That's your problem. You should have thought of that when you left the door open all night."

"All right, all right..."

She returned a few minutes later. "Well, did you get him?"

"He was really small; cute actually..."

"Did you get him out of there?"

"Yeah. I opened the door and he just jumped out. Then he disappeared--like Houdini!"

"Well, I'm sure he didn't just disappear. But he's gone; that's the main thing. Just make sure you close the door from now on!"

It's a slow news day...

No comments: