Monday, October 5, 2009

I've already mentioned my...

...Game of the Week (which is everyone else's), No. 2 St. Rita vs. No. 6 Providence. But another big game to watch will be No. 5 Lincoln-Way East at Bolingbrook. The undefeated Griffins are No. 4 in the Sun-Times and the Raiders (5-1) are ranked No. 9. I'll pick the home team and make this my Upset of the Week.

This brings up a subject for me: the rankings, especially the Tribune's. I know Mt. Carmel is Mt. Carmel, but maybe it's time to drop the Caravan from the Top Twenty in favor of some other team, like Bolingbrook or Glenbrook South, which hasn't scored fewer than 36 points in a game this season. If Brother Rice should give Mt. Carmel a good game this Friday, maybe it would be time to reconsider the Caravan. (The game is at Brother Rice, but I don't expect the Crusaders to stage an upset, especially after their anemic showing against Loyola Saturday.)

In other games, No. 1 Maine South travels to Waukegan in what should be another cakewalk for the Hawks and Niles West will play at Glenbrook South in what should make for a good Titans' Homecoming. (The Central Suburban South is particularly weak this year.) Finally, No. 9 Loyola will play Fenwick at Morton West in what should be a lop-sided victory for the Ramblers.

No comments: