Monday, September 28, 2009

Only five days left until...

...what I hope is only the first (of many) Annual BOWG Dinners (lunch, actually) at Jim's Original and/or the Express Grill on Maxwell Street (Union Street). My son and I will be down there between 11am and 1pm on Saturday (no RSVP required; if I recognize your face, you're in). The forecast calls for rain and this may be a problem since there is no indoor seating at either location. In case of inclement weather, the fall-back will be Wolfy's on Peterson Avenue across from Mather High School in Rogers Park. Consult BOWG for details as we get closer to the Big Day.

In high school football news, I've already tipped my hand that my Game of the Week (and everyone else's) will be No. 2 St. Rita vs. No. 11 Mt. Carmel at Gately Stadium on Friday. I have to give the edge to the Mustangs this year. My non-Upset of the week will be Brother Rice giving No. 9 Loyola a scare in Wilmette on Saturday; the Ramblers will still prevail, however. (This should be Loyola's last test before the St. Rita game on October 24; the Mustangs still have to get past Providence on October 9.)

The rest of the schedule should be pretty lame. No. 7 Providence will have no trouble at home with Fenwick on Friday. And on Saturday, No. 1 Maine South will be inhospitable hosts to Evanston while Glenbrook South will rude guests at Waukegan. (The Trib still hasn't mentioned the Titans although the Sun-Times has them "On the Bubble." No wonder the Trib is in so much trouble these days.)

No comments: