Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I just read the review...

...of T. R. Reid's new book, The Healing of America: A Global Quest for Better, Cheaper and Fairer Health Care, and I can't wait to get my hands on it. (If you're thinking of reserving it at the Glenview Public Library, there's at least one person ahead of you.) I've seen Reid reporting on health care on TV and he's both interesting and easy to understand. (To give you an idea, he also wrote a book about life in Japan that my younger son read last year as a freshman in high school, so reading it shouldn't require a pot of coffee.) Here's the link to the show he did on PBS.

Incidentally, if you've never reserved a book online at your local public library, it's really easy to do and as John Belushi's character in "Animal House," Bluto Blutarsky, would say, "Don't cost nothin'."

No comments: