Saturday, January 24, 2009

Whatever happened to WXRT...

...Chicago's Finest Rock? I feel like every time I turn it on I hear the tail-end of a song and then five minutes of chatter. I can understand the ads, that's what pays the bills. But do the deejays really need to prattle on and on about seeing the BoDeans ten years ago at the Riviera? Who cares! Then there's sports, weather, and blah, blah, blah. And don't even get me started on features like "Goin' to the Show." They should have pulled the plug on that stuff years ago. When I first moved to Chicago almost 30 years ago XRT was a great station in the tradition of free-form FM radio. They played some edgy stuff and introduced me to a lot of good music. Now there are times when I feel like I have more songs on my I-Pod. It makes me wonder, how can satellite radio not be turning a profit?

No comments: