Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I watch CNBC pretty much all day long...

...or at least from 6am until 11am (explains a lot, huh?). And I have to say that they really put out a good product. I know it's just info-tainment and I wouldn't recommend that anyone actually trade or invest based on something they've heard there. But like Charlie Rose, they get the best guests (in the financial world). Unfortunately, they also interrupt those guests a lot like Charlie Rose. I'm a little flummoxed by the size of their staff (how can they possibly support all those people?), but they really do provide a lot of information on a real-time basis. And it's presented in an interesting way by a colorful cast. I especially like Charlie Gasparino (although he can be a little mean sometimes), the over-caffeinated Dylan Ratigan (I love the way he shouts over people) and Larry Kudlow (what a character!). Even that nut case Jim Cramer has grown on me. A few of them get on my nerves from time to time (you knew that was coming), like Michelle Caruso-Cabrera (needs to read something other than the Wall Street Journal and old Ayn Rand novels) and Joe Kernan (talk about a boring old white guy!). But all in all, I really like the show.

No comments: