Sunday, October 19, 2014

Last Saturday's Name...

...of the Day went to a Rev. Edward Fudge of Katy, Texas. (The good Reverend was also notable for something else.)

So I was surprised to read in today's New York Times that another person had that same sugary surname, a Representative Marcia L. Fudge of Ohio, above. And I thought, maybe Fudge isn't such an unusual name after all.

But it still begs that age-old question, Is fudge considered candy? This has vexed my family for years. While I maintain yes, my wife and kids say no. Well I'm pleased to report, once and for all, that I've been right all along: fudge is indeed candy. And here's the proof (my emphasis):

fudge

1. A soft rich candy made of sugar, milk, butter, and flavoring.

I rest my case.

1 comment:

Ed Crotty said...

Of course it is candy!! What else would it be?