Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A new CBS poll finds that...

...71 percent of Americans do not want to see Sarah Palin run for president in 2012. What do you suppose the number would be among the Republican establishment, 99 percent? From what I read, they're positively terrified that she'll run, win the nomination, and get crushed in the general election.

Personally, I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I'd love to see her run just for the carnage she'd create within the Republican Party. But on the other, I think she could conceivably get the nomination and even get elected in the event of an economic or national security crisis. And that terrifies me!

So unlike the Congressional Republicans, I'll put my country first and hope that Palin remains a Fox TV personality with Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, and Sean Hannity. That's a good place for her.

No comments: