Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I just got back from my mid-day...

...constitutional (it's actually a beautiful day here) and I'm still breathing hard from a near-death experience. As I was turning down Burr Oak Drive from Mickey Lane in Glenview, I came face-to-face with a coyote! (I've always bragged to my kids that I could take a dog in a fight, but, like skydiving, I never thought anyone would ever actually call my bluff!)

Navy SEAL Cade Courtley would know what to do in this instance. Why didn't I pay closer attention to those episodes of "Surviving Disaster" where you have to confront a wild animal?

I immediately assumed my best defensive crouch.

Come on, sucker. Make my day...

I have to tell you, it was a white knuckle ride. But at the very last second he must have thought better of it, because he veered off to one side. Good for him, too.

(That squirrel may have held more fascination for him. We'll never know for certain.)

No comments: