Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'll be voting for Mark Kirk...

...in the Republican primary for the U. S. Senate from Illinois. Do I think Kirk would make a good senator? Hell, no! He's a party hack (albeit with a great resume). For the last year he's been a member-in-good-standing of the Party of No. Before that, Kirk carried George Bush's water for eight years. I think he'd be terrible for Illinois. But his opponent, Patrick Hughes, would be even worse. Hughes is the Tea Party candidate. And even though I'd like to see discord in the GOP, I'd hate to vote for someone like Hughes and have him win the general election in November. That would really be a disaster.

You see, unlike John McCain and the rest of the Congressional Republicans, I really do believe in putting country first.

No comments: