Friday, September 21, 2012

No football for me...

...this weekend, I have better things to do. I know what you're thinking: What could possibly be better than high school football? Well, the Waddle (above) in Dwight, Illinois, of course.

What's the Waddle? As best as I can tell, it's some sort of basset hound convention. Apparently, for the past fifteen years or so, hundreds of basset hounds (and their owners) have been descending upon the tiny town of Dwight, Illinois, about a two-hour drive southwest of Chicago. Once there, they ... convene, I guess. There are all sorts of events, culminating in a 50-yard Dash (although I suspect the word "dash" may be a little generous).

Anyway, weather permitting, we're headed down to Dwight tomorrow with Stewart, our basset hound, after celebrating my son's 20th birthday tonight at Maggiano's in the city. (I know you're not supposed to like chains, but I think Maggiano's is the best Italian food around.)

P. S. And don't worry, I'll be following the games on Twitter.

1 comment:

Maryjonono said...

Wishing John a very happy 20th birthday! Hope you all have a lovely time in Dwight! xx