Monday, September 10, 2012

My weekend began with...

...a two-hour drive out to Crystal Lake South High School on Friday afternoon and ended with a serious case of writer's block yesterday. (It was a beautiful September day in Chicago and I just enjoyed it.)

In the middle of all that came a stop at Galloway's Chicago Subs (above) on the way to the contest Friday night, where I received some last-minute game analysis along with my killer meatball sub; a great visit with my old buddy Scherps while watching Cary-Grove dismantle the host Gators, 17-3; a trip out to La Grange Park on Saturday to see Marist pull out a thrilling last-second victory over Nazareth, 24-21; and a visit to my Aunt Sue in Marianjoy Rehab Hospital in Wheaton where I heard a vigorous defense of Glenn Beck from my cousin's wife as I was walking out the door. (For the first time in my life, I kept my mouth shut. I just smiled, nodded and said "I really have to go...")

I'll try to unpack it all later.

No comments: