Friday, September 28, 2012

It's time for me to see...

...Laquon Treadwell play. The Crete-Monee senior is arguably the best wide receiver in the state of Illinois and is being heavily recruited.

The Warriors are facing off against the Blazing Trojans of Bloom tomorrow, and I'm meeting my old friend Kevin at the game. (The University of Southern California's nickname is merely the "Trojans." These guys from Bloom are the Blazing Trojans. I'm not sure what to expect.)

But I do expect to see a show from Treadwell and quarterback Marcus Terrell, also one of the best in the state. Terrell has passed for 1170 yards with 14 touchdowns this season and has a 141 rating. Treadwell, who had 1400 yards receiving and 18 TDs last year, has interest from Texas, Florida, Michigan, Auburn, Oklahoma and others.

As for the game (oh yeah, that) a cursory glance at each team's schedule is not encouraging. Of the ten games below, only one opponent had a winning record, Thornton Fractional South, 4-1. And their only common foe, Glenbard South, edged Bloom but got crushed by Crete-Monee.

CRETE-MONEE 38, Thornton Fractional South (4-1) 7
Crete-Monee 30, MARIAN CATHOLIC (0-5) 7
CRETE-MONEE 34, Moline (1-4) 2
Crete-Monee 45, GLENBARD SOUTH (2-3) 7
CRETE-MONEE 37, Kankakee (1-4) 6

Bloom 20, THORNWOOD (2-3) 14
GLENBARD SOUTH (2-3) 31, Bloom 27
BLOOM 36, Phillips (2-2) 0
Bloom 38, FENTON (1-4) 6
BLOOM 43, Rich South (2-3) 15

As for recent history, despite my (sketchy?) info from MaxPreps (did Crete-Monee really beat Bloom two years in a row at home by the same score, 48-0?), I think it's safe to say that the Warriors have dominated the Blazing Trojans. According to my research, Bloom has only scored seven points against C-M in the last four years and hasn't beaten the Warriors since 2004. (To give you some perspective, George W. Bush was still in his first term as president back then.)

2011: CRETE-MONEE 32, Bloom 7
2010: CRETE-MONEE 48, Bloom 0
2009: CRETE-MONEE 48, Bloom 0
2008: CRETE-MONEE 20, Bloom 0
2007: CRETE-MONEE 29, Bloom 26
2006: Crete-Monee 20, BLOOM 0
*
2004: Bloom 20, CRETE-MONEE 0

I see nothing different for tomorrow; my only hope is that the Blazing Trojans can keep it somewhat close. But with the pass-happy offense of C-M, I have my doubts. I'll be optimistic and say Crete-Monee wins, 31-14.

No comments: