Thursday, July 12, 2012

Okay, now let's see...

...who doesn't have a particularly hard schedule this year. Well, for openers, defending 8A champs Bolingbrook.

(For the record, I really like these guys. I saw them play four times last year and once on TV. They are well-coached, by John Ivlow (above), and led by quarterback Aaron Bailey, my choice last year for Player of the Year.)

But, come on! The Raiders open up against two non-conference opponents, Plainfield South and Romeoville, who went a combined 8-11 last year. Is that the best you could do, Coach Ivlow? Bolingbrook then goes on to play Joliet (0-9 last year), Joliet West (2-7), Homewood-Flossmoor (8-4, finally a winning team!), Lincoln-Way East (10-1, who handed Bolingbrook their only loss last year), Sandburg (6-4), Lincoln-Way Central (2-7) and Lockport (7-4).

So that's it; the best team in the state of Illinois last year doesn't play a winning team until its fifth game and only plays four schools that had winning records last year. Again, come on Coach Ivlow!

3 comments:

The Only Real Ninja said...

Oh come on BOWG!! Plainfield South was 9-2 when they inked the home and home deal with The Brook! Plus they have one of the top Jr recruits in the country. Romeoville is the oft forgotten district and intense rival of The Brook (its like Wheaton South vs Glenbard West). Plus dont you want to see The Brook score its first 14-0 season?

mtracy said...

I'd be THRILLED to see the Raiders go 14-0. (They are one of my favorite teams.) But I don't want to wait until Week 5 to see Aaron Bailey -- the most exciting player in Illinois -- play. I'll be darned if I'm going to drive all the way to Joliet to watch the Brook beat up on the hapless Steelmen or Tigers; there are too many other good games to watch.

The Only Real Ninja said...

I agree. But I had to justify this somehow! Although, I will tell you that Joliet West put up a fight in the 1st half last year. And had a chance to beat The Brook in 2010 after they injured Bailey. They may border on the playoffs this year.