Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Every time I see another...

...economic statistic come out (and I pretty much watch them for a living), I think to myself: Boy, is this economy horrible! And then I think to myself: And it's probably not going to get better any time soon; in fact, it'll probably get worse. And then I think to myself: President Obama should be getting crushed in the polls.

And then I click on Intrade and see that the president is still way ahead of Mitt Romney. And when I look at the electoral map I realize how difficult a path Romney has to 270 votes.

And then I think to myself: If President Obama wins reelection (which I think is still more than likely) it will be because of the weakness of the Republican candidate and his party's platform.

The GOP really needs to get its act together. A two-party system requires two parties.

No comments: