Friday, September 3, 2010

The ghost of the Galloping Ghost,...

...Red Grange (above, Wheaton High School, Class of 1922), must have been smiling as his beloved Tigers took it to the Hawks of Maine South yesterday, 44-7. (That is him smiling.)

Maine South is now 0-2. (There's a sentence I never thought I'd write.) It was the worst thrashing the Hawks received since Week 1 of 2006, when they fell to Warren Central of Indianapolis, 61-12. That was also the last year Maine South started a season with two losses.

From what I understand, Bob Woodward (Wheaton Community High School, Class of '61) watched the game on ESPNU with Hillary Clinton (Maine South, Class of '65) at her home in Washington. I wonder if they had a bet on the game.

Whoops! I think I hear Eddie at the door...

No comments: