Friday, September 10, 2010

The Chicago Tribune...

...has Mark Kirk and Alexi Giannoulias tied, but I'm going to predict that Mark Kirk wins the race by at least three percentage points. It's a Republican year, Kirk is an attractive candidate, and Giannoulias is not.

But I'll also predict that Kirk, like many other Republicans who will be elected this November, will only be around for one term. (Then he'll make gobs of money as a K Street lobbyist.)

This year's GOP crop reminds me a lot of the class of 1980 -- a bunch of lightweights. (One exception is Marco Rubio; I think he's for real.)

If Sharron Angle (above), Rand Paul, Ken Buck, Joe Miller, Carly Fiorina, or Linda McMahon -- am I forgetting anyone? -- should happen to win, take a good, long look at them because they'll be asterisks after 2016.

No comments: