Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Just when I thought...

...I knew everything there was to know about hot dogs, along comes a Mexican variety:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/26/dining/26unit.html?ref=dining

The article says that "the best hot dogs come from Sonora," the Mexican state immediately south of Tucson. "Everybody knows that." (I didn't.) Apparently the Mexican version of that old stand-by is wrapped in bacon and served on a roll that's a little more substantial than the ones we're used to. After that it seems that all bets are off. You can top it with beans, tomatoes, onions, mayonnaise, mustard, salsa verde, ketchup, crumbled potato chips, cucumbers in sour cream, crumbled chorizo, and even guacamole puree. Sounds good (except for the mayo; that's just wrong).

They say you learn something new every day. Looks like I can go back to bed now. But before I do, when is the next flight to Tucson?

No comments: