Thursday, August 27, 2009

I've always been skeptical...

...of the tales of all the Europeans and Canadians who are constantly traveling to the U. S. for our superior health care. Is that really true or is it mostly myth? I can't decide. I don't recall hearing a lot of "oots" and "aboots" the last time I went to see my doctor, but then again, I can't remember the last time I went to see my doctor. In Dominick Dunne's obituary in the Times today it mentions that:

In the past year Mr. Dunne traveled to the Dominican Republic and Germany for experimental stem-cell treatments to fight his cancer, at one point writing that he and the actress Farrah Fawcett, who died in June, were in the same Bavarian clinic.

Maybe rich people really do go abroad for certain medical treatments that are unavailable in their own countries.

No comments: