Monday, February 20, 2017

Norma McCorvey, the "Roe"...

...in Roe v. Wade, died at age 69.

It's been 44 years since the famous 1973 Supreme Court decision, and abortion is still the most controversial issue in America. (I would maintain that it ultimately put Donald Trump over the top last November.) Abortion, in fact, is the only issue I know of that divides even hard-core Libertarians.

It's a tough one. Is abortion the taking of an innocent life? And when does a fertilized egg become a human life anyway? Is it always and everywhere wrong to take an innocent human life? Who really knows the answers to these questions? I think President Obama put it best when he said it was "above my pay grade."

Like Ms. McCorvey and many others, I've been all over the lot on the subject during the course of my life. My (current) thoughts can be found here.

No comments: