Monday, February 6, 2017

How many green buildings...

...are in your neighborhood? (And I don't mean LEED certified; I mean literally green. You know, green green.)

I passed this gem while walking my dog, Stewart, on Saturday afternoon. We were killing time waiting for one of the guys to finish an art class up in Ravenswood. The apartment building was on North Wolcott Avenue, I think, between Montrose and Sunnyside, not far from Rahm Emanuel's house (which, along with Rod Blagojevich's, I have gawked at more than once).

I didn't cross the street to get a closer look, but it appears to be terracotta ornamentation on a yellowish, brownish brick structure. It was built, I would guess, in the 1920s -- almost a hundred years ago. (Feel free, those of you who know something about architecture, to correct me.)

I don't know about you, but I really liked it.

No comments: