Friday, November 27, 2015

When it comes to your...

...career, is it "completely garbage advice" to listen to your inner voice, be true to yourself and follow your passion? Is it silly to think your future is limitless?

I think that's what David Brooks is saying beginning at about 3:08 in the video above.

Wow. So what did Mr. Brooks do with his life?

A few minutes later, at about 5:34, the author, columnist for the New York Times, political pundit, part-time professor and father of three says:

"When I graduated from college, I knew I wanted to be a writer. I knew I wanted to do some teaching. I thought I wanted to be a playwright or a novelist, go into politics, have a spouse, children."

Sounds to me like he listened to his inner voice, was true to himself and followed his passion. Mr. Brooks is only 54 years old; I'd say his future is limitless. You never know; he may even one day write a play or a novel.

No comments: