Friday, November 6, 2015

I don't want to get...

...too far out over my skis, but next week Loyola (10-0) could host Homewood-Flossmoor (9-1) in what many people have been looking forward to as the Game of the Year.

According to the IHSA website (my emphasis):

In the first round, the higher seed hosts the game. In subsequent rounds, the school that has hosted fewer times during the current playoff series hosts the game. If both teams have hosted an equal number of times, the higher seed hosts. 

Since both teams will have played two home games by then, that means Loyola would host the Vikings in the quarterfinals. Now, don't get me wrong, Sachs Stadium is a great place to see a game. But I wonder if it will be big enough to handle the crowd. Again, according to the IHSA:

When circumstances warrant, a site other than the designated host school's field may be requested by either school and may be used subject to the approval of the IHSA Board of Directors and the host school. 

So I'm going to go ahead and put forth a suggestion: How about scheduling that contest at a large neutral site like Lane Tech, or even some local college? I have my ticket for tomorrow's Mount Carmel - Glenbard West game, but I may not be so lucky next week.

So how about it, Patrick Mahoney?

No comments: