Sunday, June 15, 2014

We've been in our new digs...

...for two weeks now and the view from our second-story balcony (at 9:00 this morning) hasn't changed much from last week. It's beautiful here; so far we love it.

One of the things I especially like is the mix of people. It has to be the most diverse neighborhood I've ever seen: young and old; every race, creed and color; rich, poor and everything in between.  It looks like America -- the real America.

Also, I took a walk the other day and turned the corner at Arthington and Lytle. And here was the view -- Boom! -- the Sears Tower staring me in the face. (And, yes, I still call it the Sears Tower.) It makes me think: thirty-three years ago, when I first moved to Chicago, it was the tallest building in the world. I'm still in awe of it.

No comments: