Sunday, June 22, 2014

I was walking past Rush Hospital...

...the other day when I noticed this sign. From Rush's website:

The pavilion is named in honor of Edward A. Brennan, chairman of Rush’s Board of Trustees for nearly 10 years until his death in 2007. During his tenure as chairman, Brennan spearheaded the planning for the Rush Transformation.

Construction of the pavilion was funded solely by philanthropic gifts from friends, family and business associates of Brennan, including members of the Rush Board of Trustees.

Brennan, in case you don't know, was a former Chairman of the Board, President and CEO of Sears, Roebuck and Co. His younger brother, Bernard F. Brennan, was CEO of Montgomery Ward. These guys were obviously big hitters. 

But all I could think of was my mother's reaction to the news that Brennan had been appointed president of Sears. "Eddie Brennan? Really? I used to babysit that guy!"

No comments: