Thursday, September 26, 2013

It never fails.

I received an e-mail from a friend yesterday:

Want to go to the Glenbrook South - Maine South game Friday night? It's at 7 pm in Park Ridge. The Titans are undefeated at 4-0! Maine South is 2-2, although their two losses were at the hands of ranked teams, Montini and Wheaton Warrenville South.

And here comes the kicker:

This could be the year!

And all I can say is, Phew! That was a close one. For a minute there I didn't think anyone would tell me that This could be the year!

You see, for as long as I can remember, every year could be the year Glenbrook South beats Maine South. But it never is. I think the last time was in 1999 but I'm not sure. All I know is that Maine South coach Dave Inserra, above, has never lost to GBS. He's been at the helm in Park Ridge since 2004 and the closest game was in 2008 when the home team Titans fell to the Hawks, 30-27.

So is this really the year? I doubt it. And I'll have more to say on the subject Monday.

No comments: