Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Anthony Weiner and Eliot Spitzer...

...are back in the news. Weiner, left, is running for mayor of New York, while Spitzer is running for comptroller. (Comp-what?)

Prediction: Either both of these former officeholders win or they both lose.

Do I care one way or the other? Not really; although I guess I'm secretly rooting for them.

First of all, I'm a little tired of all the hypocrisy. (Remember; their wives forgave them. Who are we not to do the same?)

Second, as a (very) casual observer of the New York political scene, I'm bored by all the other candidates. (And I think that's why these two are even being talked about seriously. Their opponents are all so dull.)

For example, if Christine Quinn, the Speaker of the New York City Council and the heir apparent, is so great, why is she generating so little enthusiasm? Why hasn't Mayor Bloomberg endorsed her? Or has he? (I can't tell.)

Let's face it; New York is the Big Apple. And it needs a Big Personality in Gracie Mansion.

No comments: