Monday, May 28, 2012

The next entry...

...in My Road Home: 

Wednesday June 27th 

It's 4:00 a.m., I'm sound asleep when I receive a tap on the shoulder waking me up. For some reason they are moving me into a new dorm. I dress quickly and look for Tyson to give him some of the clothes Eileen as given me. These are items I just won't feel comfortable wearing around here; like a bathrobe! Some of these guys could get away with it, but not me. As I prepare to leave, Tyson goes from being one of the most important people (my protector) in my current world, to someone, once I leave this room, odds are I will never see again. 

The new dorm is only about a quarter mile away but after all the processing & waiting, it ends up taking me 10 hours to get there. I spend the bulk of that time in a holding cell the size of a closet. There are eleven of us, the heat is sweltering, the toilet doesn't work, and I feel like I am going to pass out. The guards don't give a shit if we all drop of heat exhaustion. I have to stay strong.

No comments: