Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Do you like crossword puzzles?

Dan Feyer, a pianist and music director for musical theater productions,

...whips through 20 crosswords a day (at least 20,000 in the last three years), won this year’s American Crossword Puzzle Tournament and has 100,000 puzzles saved on his computer.

“I feel I want to do them all, somehow,” Mr. Feyer said. “I’ve probably done more crosswords than anybody in the world in the last three years. I don’t know if that’s something to be proud of, but it’s a claim to fame.”
___

Each morning, he finishes a half dozen newly published puzzles and a few more from the trove stashed in his computer. The easier ones take him only two or three minutes. He does puzzles while riding the subway and while watching TV. He may do a few before going to sleep and even take one to bed with him. He said he now spends about an hour a day on puzzles.

“It hasn’t taken over my life or anything,” he said, then added, “I don’t think.”

No comments: