Friday, March 8, 2013

I missed New Trier's one-point...

...upset of Notre Dame in Northbrook last night (I actually have a life, sort of) as well as Benet's victory over Neuqua Valley in double overtime, Whitney Young's comeback against Curie, and St. Viator's thrilling win over Zion-Benton in which the Zee-Bees' Milik Yarbrough (above) scored 41 points.

No big deal.

Tonight will be similar, except that I'll be toggling between the various contests on my computer. (More of that "life" stuff I was talking about earlier.)

So the big decision for me now is where to go next Tuesday night. Right now, I'm leaning toward a twin-bill out at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb. At 6:00, the winner of the 3A Freeport Sectional (St. Francis?) will face off against the winner of the Peoria Sectional (Limestone?). And at 8:00 it will be the winner of the 4A DeKalb Sectional (Boylan, in an upset?) against the winner of the Waukegan Sectional (Stevenson, or St. Viator? Gosh, I wish I could be at that game tonight!).

And then, of course, there's Peoria next Friday night. But that's getting ahead of ourselves.

No comments: