Sunday, November 4, 2012

Waubonsie Valley defeated...

...Oak Park River Forest yesterday, 28-7, to earn a rematch with Upstate Eight rival Neuqua Valley. (The Warriors fell short in Week Seven, 35-34, in overtime.)

If both teams I saw this weekend show up next week in Naperville I think the Wildcats will prevail again. Running back Joey Rhattigan is that good. (By the way, a guy sitting next to me last night said that if you want to attend that game you'd better arrive about four hours early. Why don't they just play it at North Central College again?)

Elsewhere, Lincoln-Way East beat Providence, 24-14. The Griffins are now 6-0 lifetime against the Celtics. They'll play Edwardsville (whoever they are) next week at home.

Oh, and for you Rambler fans, Loyola defeated Bartlett, 31-7. The Wilmette squad will host Palatine next week. (And my sources are telling me the Pirates are the Real Deal.)

More later.

No comments: