Friday, November 2, 2012

Some of the games I won't...

...be attending this weekend (but would really, really like to) will be:

8A 

Conant at Maine South
Can the 7-3 Cougars upset the Hawks in Park Ridge? I doubt it. Maine South's first big test should be in Round Three against the winner of...

Stevenson at Glenbard North
This could very well be the best game of the week. (I hope I don't regret not going.) It's a pick 'em, although I'd give the edge to the home team Panthers.

7A (Is this bracket stacked, or what?) 

Glenbard West at Libertyville
The Wildcats (what's with all these cats?) could give the Hilltoppers a scare, but I expect the Glen Ellyn squad to make it to the finals (against Lincoln-Way East).

Wheaton North at Prospect
Could be 7A's answer to the Stevenson - Glenbard North game. But I'll give the advantage to the visiting Falcons and their high-powered offense.

Fenwick at Rockford Boylan
Will first-year coach Gene Nudo, above, lead the Cinderella Friars to an upset victory over defending champ Boylan? Maybe.

Lake Zurich at Hononegah
The visiting Bears will continue to roll.

Oswego at Benet
The Redwings, another Cinderella team (1-8 last year) should make it past the Panthers (more cats!).

6A

Sorry, but nobody sets my pulse racing in this bracket.

5A

Woodstock North at Marian Central
This may be the best game of all. The 7-3 Thunder beat Sterling last week, 68-20, while crosstown host Marian Central is undefeated. (I hope I'm not kicking myself Sunday morning.)

3A

Aurora Christian at Immaculate Conception
A rematch of the Eagles 47-20 victory over the Knights, but this time in Elmhurst. Will it make a difference? Probably not. But the winner should take 3A.

No comments: