Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Mitt Romney may have...

...a little indigestion when he reads this opinion piece in the Times this morning, "I'm a Mormon, Not a Christian," while eating his scrambled eggs. Something tells me that the following paragraph, in particular, may hurt him just a tad with the GOP base (call it a wild guess): 

I want to be on record about this. I’m about as genuine a Mormon as you’ll find — a templegoer with a Utah pedigree and an administrative position in a congregation of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am also emphatically not a Christian. (My emphasis.) 

So is Mitt Romney a Christian, or not? Frankly, I don't care. (I think all religions are nuts.)  But there are just a few questions I'd like to ask Mr. Romney about his faith: 

* First of all, Do you wear magic underwear? 

* Second, Do you believe the Garden of Eden was in Missouri? 

* And third, Do you believe Jesus visited North America? 

Crazy stuff? Perhaps, but those are all commonplace among Mormons. And like most Americans, I want to know: Who, exactly, is this Mitt Romney guy?

No comments: