Thursday, March 31, 2011

Recently, my 21-year-old son...

...told me how popular Twitter had become. "Everybody at Indiana University has a Twitter account," he said.

You don't say, I thought.

But the news didn't really sink in until last night, when I drove past a local restaurant, Grecian Kitchen Delight (above), on Dempster Street in Skokie. It's a good burger and fries joint, and their specialty is a pulled pork sandwich, which they advertise in big black letters on a sign outside. (You've seen this type of sign; it's the kind where a guy has to go outside, climb up on a ladder and painstakingly change each letter by hand.)

Well, when I drove by last night, instead of the usual message, the sign said, FOLLOW US ON TWITTER. And I thought, what kind of tweets could they possibly be posting? JUST SRVED ANTHER PLLED PRK? Or, FRNCH FRIES R RDDY? Or, U HAV 2 TRY R BRGRS?

So I became a follower. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: