Thursday, December 17, 2009

I enjoyed my trip to the new Merc...

...this week, especially lunch with my old friends Jack, Jose, and Jim. We ate at the Ceres Cafe in the Board of Trade, er, Merc building, or whatever they call it nowadays. (I was especially pleased to see liver sausage on the menu.)

It was great to catch up with everyone and exchange industry gossip. But the highlight of the meal, I think, was when I reached for the check. (This is an event not unlike a one hundred year flood.) Jack feigned a heart attack, Jose almost choked on an ice cube, and Jim could only make a fist as I'm sure he deeply regretted not ordering lunch.

But seriously, it was really good to see old friends. There's something truly warm and special about breaking bread around the holidays with three guys who all have less hair than me.

No comments: