Tuesday, December 22, 2009

By the way, in my earlier post...

...concerning the yield curve (stay with me), I originally intended to link to an article in The Wall Street Journal. I couldn't for some reason; it said I had to subscribe, although I am already a subscriber. No matter; I just found another piece on the Internet to link (it took all of about thirty seconds).

And this brings me to my point. How does Rupert Murdoch (and others) intend to make people pay for content on the Internet when there is already so much of it for free? I know Murdoch has been successful so far (due in large part, I think, to The Journal's being treated as a business expense), but I just don't see a trend developing here. You just can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. (Trust me, I tried once; it's almost impossible.)

No comments: