Friday, November 20, 2009

I know that defense wins championships...

...but I have to go with Maine South over Loyola tomorrow. The Hawks just have too many weapons on offense. If the Ramblers manage to shut down Matt Perez they still have to contend with quarterback Tyler Benz, who can run as well as throw. Loyola will hold Maine South to its fewest points of the season, but it will not be enough to advance downstate. The Hawks will prevail, 21-17.

As always, you can follow me from the stands on Twitter.

4 comments:

Tom T said...

Maine South's winning streak stops at 26. The Ramblers shutdown Matt Perez in a historic goal line stand as time expires. LA 14 MS 7.

Joe Tracy said...

No chance that Maine South loses; even less chance that it's because Matt Perez fails to score in the final seconds on the goal line.

mtracy said...

I got a dollar that says the Hawks win...

Tom T said...

I've seen both teams play in the last 30 days. I think the RPI and SOS rankings are accurate. The Ramblers are a gutty bunch that are extremely well coached. Its their year. Hey BOWG, when LA shocks the world I want credit in a headline on Sunday! Remember you heard it here first.